How to list your business in Funeral Guide's directory:
1. First to create your own username and password, to login and update your information in the future.
2. You will receive an e-mail after registering. Click on the link in the e-mail to activate your account.
3. Login (using your username and password)
4. Once logged in, select the page 'Add Listing' which is in the dropdown under the 'List with us' page.
5. Click on the button to select your primary subscription (Ordinary or Special listing). Then, click 'purchase subscription' at the bottom of the page. (unfortunately the technology does not allow secondary subscriptions to be selected until primary subscriptions have been paid for).
6. A pro-forma invoice will open - insert your details, in order for your details to appear on your invoice.
7. Then to make your payment - select 'offlline payment'. You will receive an e-mail with Funeral Guide's bank details in order to make the payment via your bank. You will then need to make the deposit offline, afterwhich, please send a mail to
How to edit your listing:
Step 1. Login.
Step 2. Find your listing. An easy way to find it is to click on the 'view listings' page under 'list with us'. Click on your category to open it up and scroll down to your listing.
Step 3. On your listing (only when you are logged in), you will see a few icons next to your heading, (these editing/saving icons do not appear when you are not logged in).
Step 4. Click the 'edit' icon next to your heading, this will open up your entry.
Step 5. Here you can make whatever changes you would like to your listing and at the bottom you will see the words, [send / apply / cancel]
Step 6. Click [apply] to save and keep the record open, or click [send] to save and close the page. If you click [send] and you want to continue editing, then click the  button again to open the page and continue.
Some social networking tips to help you make the most of it:
1. Ask your best customers to give you a star rating and add comments to your page, this will help your business look good to prospective customers.
2. Drop a line every now and then on Funeral Guide's facebook page letting people know what your business offers or add a comment onto the blog (even older articles, they are live pages on the internet and internet users sometimes land on those in their searches rather than the front page, they are still read for a long time after their publish date). Remember when creating a comment always to fill the 'website' space in with your website address (URL) or if you don't have a website, copy and paste the URL/web address that appears in the browser window at the top of the page of your your listing on Funeral Guide. This way your comment can lead customers to your contact details and service offering. This is how businesses use social networking to spread their internet footprint, improve visibility and google rankings.
3. The more visible your business is, the more familiar you become. Humans like to use products and services they are familiar and comfortable with, so let them get to know you. Thats what social networking is all about and Funeral Guide's whole platform is there for you, so have fun and don't be afraid to put a bit of personality into making your services shine.
4. Comments on your business enable the customer to see testimonials and recommendations.
5. Star ratings show people how many people like your business, and the more people who have rated you - the better.
6. Just like everything in life, the more you put in, the more you get out.