Book: When death enters your home
Now also available in Afrikaans as an e book: wat as die dood van a geliefde intree - e-book only R69.50
Do you have little or no knowledge of how to organize a funeral or cremation?
Have you been exploited by an undertaker in the past?
The book when death enters your home - a practical guide will enable the reader to handle each and every aspect regarding funerals and ore cremations should death enter your home unexpectedly. Funeral and cremation irregularities are sharply addressed by the author. Available in English and Afrikaans.
Contents include the following:
- Municipal private and church cemeteries
- Maintenance of cemeteries
- Tomb registers
- Erection of crematoria
- Appointment of medical referees
- The cremation process
- Reasons why permission may not be granted for cremations
- Excavations of human remains in full cemeteries to allow space for new interment
- Organ and tissue donation
- Monumental graves berm graves niches and spaces
- Funeral Policies
- Why do graves subside?
- How are tombstones obtained?
- Tombstone guarantees
- Procedures on how families can arrange cremations
- Analysis of an established undertakers funeral costs
- The death of a South African citizen abroad
- The role of the department of foreign affairs and steps to be followed
- Return of mortal remains to South Africa Requirements for the transport of mortal remains
- Uninfected mortal remains
- Infected mortal remains
- Indigent burial in a foreign country
- The department of foreign affairs - collaboration and responsibilities
- Unknown graves discovered during development
- Exhumation and cremation of mortal remains
- Burial at sea
- Executed persons
- Where lies the unmarked grave of Daisy Louisa de Melker buried on 30 December 1932
How to get your own copy: The price of the book is R160 and if it needs to be posted an additional amount of will be added for postage. (please enquire)
The amount owing must be deposited in the following bank account:
Beneficiary: JC Green Account:
Absa Flexi Account number: 924 946 9696
Domicile Branch: Quagga Centre
The deposit slip is to be faxed to the following fax number: 086-273-7993 - the book will then be mailed to the addressee within 7 working days. Outlets where the book is currently available are: Radio Pretoria's "Woord en Klank" Bookshop. Protea bookshop in Hatfield Pretoria Operation and mobilization Christian bookshop in the Jacaranda centre in Pretoria.
Latitude: -25.745139 Longitude: 28.162910